what's FMGE (MCI SCREENING TEST)?
The FMGE-Screening Test has been introduced by the Screening Test Regulations 2002. As per the regulations, "An Indian citizen possessing a primary medical qualification awarded by any medical institution outside India who is desirous of getting provisional or permanent registration with the Medical Council of India or any State Medical Council on or after 15.03.2002 shall have to qualify a screening test conducted by the prescribed authority for that purpose as per the provisions of section 13 of the Act."
- The Examination is held twice a year at New Delhi.
- The test is conducted in English language.
- The test shall be conducted as a Computer Based Test comprising of 300 Multiple Choice Questions of single correct response type without any negative marking as per the existing scheme of Foreign Medical Graduate Examination.
- There is NO negative marking.
- An applicant shall be declared as having passed only if he/she obtains a minimum of 50% of marks in the examination.
- Results (Pass/Fail) for eligible candidates will be displayed at the website and office of NBE. Marks obtained shall be declared for all the candidates and also displayed at the website www.natboard.edu.in
- The applicants who qualify the Screening Test may apply to the Medical Council of India, New Delhi or to any State Medical Council for provisional registration / permanent registration.
- There are no restrictions on number of attempts that can be availed by an applicant.
The Applicant must meet/fulfill the following criteria :
- He / She is a citizen of India or Overseas citizenship of India.
- Possesses primary medical qualifications that are recognized by the Government of the country issuing that qualification and the holder of that qualification is entitled for practice in that country. The said medical school must be listed in WHO directory of medical schools.
- He / She had obtained Eligibility Certificate from the Medical Council of India (applicable only in respect to students who took admission abroad on or after 15.03.2002). This requirement shall not be necessary in respect of Indian citizens or overseas citizens of India who have obtained admission in foreign medical institute before 15th March 2002.
- All students who have taken admission abroad prior to 15.03.2002 and are required to qualify the Screening Test for their registration, shall be allowed to appear in the Screening Test even if they do not meet the minimum admission norms of MCI for joining undergraduate medical course, subjected to the compliance of the Judgment(s) of the Honble Supreme Court/Competent Courts in this regard including but not limited to judgment dated 8th March 2002 in Civil Appeal No. 2779 of 2000 & other judgments.
- From 15.03.2002 and onwards all students are required to obtain an Eligibility Certificate from MCI before proceeding abroad for studies in Medicine.
- Applicants/Candidates may also refer to Screening Test Regulations and Regulations on Graduate Medical Education, Eligibility Certificate Regulations issued by Medical Council of India. The same may be referred to at www.mciindia.org or obtained from Secretary, Medical Council of India, Sector 8 Pocket 14, Dwarka, New Delhi. Telephone: 25367033, 25367035 Fax: 25367024.
- Cut-off date for obtaining the Primary Medical Qualification shall be before the conduct of exam i.e. before 31th May, 2016. It is mandatory to provide proof/documentary evidence in support of the candidate having passed final examination for such a primary medical qualification/posses the primary medical qualification on before the cut-off date. In the event of the date of issue of result/proof, primary medical qualification being after the prescribed cut off date, the application forms shall be rejected and candidates declared as ineligible.
Application forms must be submitted within the stipulated time specified in the advertisement & on website. Applicants are requested to ensure that they submit the complete application form, in the envelope provided to reach NBE on or before the last date. Applications received after the last date will not be accepted.
The completed Application form shall be sent to the following address:
APPLICATION FOR FMGE- 09/2013
National Board of Examinations
(Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India)
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar
Mahatma Gandhi Marg (Ring Road)
New Delhi – 110029
- The exam shall be held on 29th June New Delhi
- The exam start at 10:00 AM
- Reporting Time for the candidates is 09:00 AM
- The Exact venue at New Delhi Shall be notified in the Admit Card.
- Applicants are to make own arrangements for Travel /lodging etc.
- All candidates are required to bring their Passport as proof of Identity at the exam center. Candidates may not be allowed to appear in exam if they are unable to produce original passport.
- Candidates are advised that (due to security reasons) they may not be allowed to leave the exam center from 09:00 AM till the completion of Examination.